My very own pesto egg salad


I have to say, it is never easy. To go off the yummy non healthy fast food that just keeps you "going". I feel ever slightly depressed at times when I can just about taste the KFC in my mouth or that Burger King Fries that I love so so much. But, life goes on. They say you have to do something for 40 days, and then it will "stick" like a natural skin on your body. I have yet to see that.... There are days when I feel superbly excited about making my dinner, especially when I thought that making it would be difficult. The first few things I made when I was reminded about the PCOS diagnosis was pesto.. I absolutely LOVE pesto. I could eat pesto with anything! So when my office mate said- "make your own pesto, its super easy" I was not convinced at first until she told me I only need about 5 ingredients. 1. Basil 2. Parmesan cheese 3. Pine Nuts 4. Garlic 5. Olive Oil you can add salt/pepper but I didnt. And instead of using Pine Nuts (I couldnt get any), I used Walnuts intead of Pine Nuts. I had the best feeling after dinner. Beats the feeling after KFC/Burger King anytime :)

Comments